The first step to a healthy smile is a clean smile! During your first appointment and at your subsequent dental checkups, we will provide you with a comprehensive dental cleaning and exam. Dental cleanings in Sevierville, Tennessee utilize a number of methods to expertly take care of your smile and diagnose any detrimental conditions early on. Dental cleanings and exams are generally performed by one of our skilled dental hygienists under the direction of our dentist, Dr. J. Steve Morton. So what should you expect during a dental cleaning? During your dental cleaning and exam, we will:
- Remove built-up plaque and tartar, which are known to cause bacteria and infection, as we clean and dry each tooth
- Check for cavities and any other signs of tooth decay or damage
- Examine existing dental restorations, such as fillings or crowns, for any needed maintenance or repair
- Perform an oral cancer screening and check your gums for any indication of gum disease
- Provide topical fluoride treatments
- Review your dental history and discuss your questions and concerns
After your initial appointment, we suggest scheduling an appointment with Dr. J. Steve Morton once every six months to ensure we are able to consistently keep your smile bright. If it has been a while since your last visit, we invite you to schedule your appointment with us today. We work hard to make sure you have a gentle, positive experience!